What kinds of conditions do you work with?
Nearly any condition is benefited by naturopathic care. For any exceptions, the names of alternate providers will be given.
Commonly treated conditions include:
- food sensitivities
- high blood pressure
- high cholesterol
- sinus congestion
- environmental allergies
- menopausal symptoms
- tension headaches
- overall health maintenance
- weight optimization (beyond “weight loss”)
- and more…
Will you work with my medical doctor?
Absolutely. It is in the patient’s best interest if all of their health care providers are working together for the benefit of the patient. This also allows for smooth coordination of care.
Is Dr. Natanson taking new patients?
Dr. Natanson is currently accepting new patients. If you’d like to make your first appointment, please give the office a call. Your initial visit will be about two hours in length, and follow up visits may be scheduled as half-hour or hour-long appointments depending on the purpose of the visit.
When you schedule your first visit, you will receive an invitation to our patient portal system called Elation, where you will be able to see lab results, share documents with the office, and send messages to Dr. Natanson or the front office staff. You will also receive a confirmation messages with intake forms to complete, as well as a telehealth consent form and our privacy acknowledgement. We do require that new patients complete their paperwork at least 24 hours before their appointment time, so please call the office know if you have any trouble completing or submitting your intake forms.
What happens during a visit?
Visits include a detailed history of your health concerns, referral for any necessary lab work or imaging, and formulation of a personalized, step-by-step treatment plan to get you on the road to health.
How should I prepare for my appointment?
- Complete your intake forms and set up your Elation patient portal.
- Ensure that you will be in the state of Washington for your visit, and that you have a private space where you can talk without interruption for your appointment.
- Send the office a list of all medications and supplements (& brands) that you are currently taking. You can send this through your Elation patient portal.
- Previous medical records or lab work results are always helpful to establish patterns. If you have them, please send PDF copies through your patient portal.
Can I get off my medications?
Most patients find that their need for prescription medication decreases as their health improves. Coordination with the prescribing physician allows dosages to be monitored and adjusted or discontinued, as needed.
What are my options if I don’t like to swallow pills?
Many herbs and supplements come in liquid or powder form and are preferable for those with an aversion to “more pills.” In addition, dietary changes and physical medicine treatments can often be used to improve health without the need for numerous supplements.